(Editors Note: “Agent of Russia” will soon overtake “racist” & “white supremacist” as the official Democrat Party ad hominem smear tactic of anyone who disagrees with them.)
The same politicians, government functionaries and media outlets that lied to you by saying for five years that Donald Trump was a Russian secret agent because he was being blackmailed by Vladimir Putin over some Moscow hookers paid by Mr. Trump to pee on a bed are now telling you there are absolutely no bioweapons facilities in Ukraine.
One of those politicians, Utah Sen Mitt Romney has criticized former Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard of Hawaii on Sunday and suggested that her remarks about the existence of “US biolabs” in Ukraine would result in people being killed.
Mitten’s accused her of spreading “treasonous lies” that amounted to “Russian propaganda”. His statement came in reference to a video posted by Ms Gabbard that claimed the existence of “25 to 30” US-funded biolabs that she went on to assert “if breached would release & spread deadly pathogens to US/world”.
Here’s that Twitter post:
Romney’s reaction was to call her a traitor and accuse her of spreading Russian propaganda, “Tulsi Gabbard is parroting false Russian propaganda. Her treasonous lies may well cost lives.”
It’s important to note that, Ms Gabbard did not accuse the US of nefarious purposes in funding the labs operated by Ukraine’s government, she just pointed out the undisputed fact that a treaty exists between the United States and Ukraine aimed at preventing biological threats. The labs are owned and funded by the Ukrainian government, according to the Security Service of Ukraine, the country’s main security agency. This is even mentioned in a USA Today “Fact Check” article from February 25th of this year.
The Ukrainian and U.S. governments partnered in August 2005 to “prevent the proliferation of dangerous pathogens and related expertise and to minimize potential biological threats,” according to the treaty.
Interfax-Ukraine reported in May 2020 that part of the agreement was aimed at “modernizing” state laboratories in the Odesa, Kharkiv, Lviv, Kyiv, Vinnytsia, Kherson and Dnipropetrovsk regions. Those efforts included making repairs, updating equipment and purchasing supplies.
And now, according to the politicians, government functionaries and the usual media outlets, pointing this out plays into the hands of the Russian government because as the Biden administration claims that their Russian counterparts are doing something our government NEVER DOES, tell a lie. They’re basically saying that if there were US-supported bioweapons labs in Ukraine this would be a good pretext to the deployment of chemical or biological weapons by Russia’s military in its onslaught through Ukrainian territory.
Today Tulsi Gabbard struck back at Romney and here’s what she had to say in response to his accusations of treason:
Mitt Romney, you have called me a ‘treasonous liar’ for stating the fact that “there are 25+ US-funded biolabs in Ukraine which if breached would release & spread deadly pathogens to US/world” and therefore must be secured in order to prevent new pandemics. Bizarrely, you claim that securing these labs (or even calling for securing these labs) is treasonous and will lead to a loss of life, when the exact opposite is obviously true. The spread of pathogens is what will cause the loss of life, not the prevention of such spread.
Senator Romney, please provide evidence that what I said is untrue and treasonous. If you cannot, you should do the honorable thing: apologize and resign from the Senate.
Evidence of the existence of such biolabs, their vulnerability, and thus the need to take immediate action to secure them is beyond dispute:
1. State Department’s Victoria Nuland acknowledged such labs containing dangerous pathogens exist in Ukraine in her testimony to the US Senate (March 8, 2022): “Ukraine has biological research facilities which, in fact we are quite concerned that Russian troops may be seeking to gain control of. We are working with the Ukrainians on how they can prevent any of those research materials from falling into the hands of Russian forces should they approach.”
2. Pentagon Fact sheet (March 11, 2022) has numerous statements directly & indirectly confirming the existence of such biolabs.
“The United States, through BTRP, has invested approximately $200 million in Ukraine since 2005, supporting 46 Ukrainian laboratories, health facilities, and diagnostic sites.”
3. CBS Face the Nation (March 13, 2022) correspondent David Martin said a Pentagon official told him they’re concerned about the existence of such biolabs in Ukraine: “The concern is that the Russians will seize one of these biomedical research facilities that Ukraine has where they do research on deadly pathogens like botulism and anthrax, seize one of those facilities, weaponize the pathogen, and then blame it on Ukraine and the US, because the US has been providing support for some of the research being done in those facilities.”
4. In April 2020, in refuting Russia’s accusation that U.S. is using biolabs in Ukraine to develop biological weapons, U.S. Embassy in Ukraine acknowledged there are U.S. funded labs in Ukraine working with pathogens for vaccine & other peaceful purposes.
5. CNN fact-check (March 10, 2022): “There are US-funded biolabs in Ukraine, that much is true.”
So, the facts are that United State’s funded, Ukrainian-run biological threat analysis and defense labs do exist in Ukraine. There is zero serious dispute of this. So far, there’s no evidence to suggest that they were working on biological weapons as the Russian government has claimed. It’s not known if the labs would release dangerous pathogens if damaged in the ongoing conflict that’s true, but it would not only seem to be possible but highly probable if the labs were not properly secured prior to the invasion and at this point we really just don’t know.
But to call Telsi Gabbard a traitor for pointing out what has already been confirmed is one of the most outrageous and over the top accusations a sitting member of the United States Senate could ever make. I agree with Ms. Gabbard 100% when she says Romney should provide evidence that what she said is untrue and treasonous and if he can’t he should do the honorable thing: apologize and resign from the Senate. Mitt Romney is a disgrace to this country and is clearly out of line!
- US National Train Strike
- Tanks Keep People From Their Money
- 30 Million Can Get The COVID Super Booster
- Breaking News: Secret Cargo Ukrainian Bound Plane
- Canadian Government Officials Knew Of Vax Side Effects